Sunday, August 26, 2012

Taiwan Part 2

Taiwan Part 2 let's go!

IMG_4170

Part 2 will be on the 3 day trip of South of Taiwan I went with the bf & his family & friends =)

I stayed in Hsinchu, a city north of Taiwan, during my stay there. Taiwan is a small country so travelling to the south of Taiwan by car only took a 4-5 hours? We stayed on the south side for 3 days & 2 nights. It was fun despite not knowing how to communicate well with others.

So the first day we arrived at this beautiful villa on the mountain. There was actually two villas since there were ten people on this trip but I didn't get a chance to take a photo of the other one. It was absolutely splendid.
IMG_4142 
IMG_4146
IMG_4266
IMG_4260
IMG_4150
IMG_4153
IMG_4156

After we had left our stuff at the villa we went to play go-karting. 
I really am a horrible driver because I lost control of the wheel as I was turning the corner, ended up hitting the side of the tracks and giving myself a giant bruise on my knee >__> It was fun but kind of painful as the steering wheels were really stiff so being the weakling I am, I had to put a lot of strength just to turn the corner lol 

IMG_4160 
IMG_4172
IMG_4168

After go-karting, we headed off to the beach just to chill out and take heaps of photos.
IMG_4225
IMG_4187
IMG_4227

That very first night we headed off to the night markets and OMG...so many people!!! The two sides of the road had stalls up and down the entire road, filled with food, games and random accessories!!! Night markets are so huge in Taiwan! Most things were cheap but not everything. I recall my bf & I bought a flower hair tie and when we told the others how much it was, they said we got ripped off because it was actually much cheaper elsewhere T^T

IMG_4240
IMG_4255
IMG_4239
IMG_4234
IMG_4254
IMG_4236

OMGsH the fruits !! I miss the guava and plum powder so much T^T 
it was so tasty and I really like the way all the fruits have been cut up beforehand like this. Don't have this in Australia. 
IMG_4235

This is fake! Looks real hey? ;D We went into a store on the way and found a lot of these ~ 
IMG_4243
IMG_4242

The next morning (Day 2) we headed off to a boat to take us to Little Liuchu Island.

IMG_4270
IMG_4306
IMG_4308

The inside room ~ You can see my bf, his friends and his sister ~ 
IMG_4316

IMG_4332

Annnnd at this point, my flickr account is down because I uploaded too many photos lol so the rest will continue in a week's time!

2 comments:

  1. ah the beaches in Taiwan are super pretty! are they crowded at all? the ones in Aus always are (well the ones close by at least). the mountain place looks really beautiful and peaceful as well.

    thanks for the comment on my blog btw :) I did a commerce degree majoring in accounting. I'm about to complete a law degree. however the job is in economics so it was something I really did not expect to get haha.

    metallicpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the experince of a new counrty and culture!
    Material Fixations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and I appreciate all your comments ^_^